Логойская замковая гора. Замчище

Центром древнего Логойска является замчище, или Замковая гора. Она находится на правом берегу реки Гайна в Логойском парке. Сейчас это городской парк культуры и отдыха. На высоком земляном валу стояла хорошо укрепленная крепость, о которой белорусский писатель В. Дунин-Марцинкевич в своем поэтическом произведении «Вечарніца» в 1856 г. писал: «Вот у Лагойску над Гайнай-ракой быў вельмі крэпкі замак крывічан, там малады княжыў Грамабой». Логойский замок был мощной цитаделью на южных границах Полоцкого княжества. Он находился на кратчайшем пути между Полоцком и самым южным городом владений Всеслава Чародея — Менском. Такое местонахождение способствовало росту города. Около его валов появилось неукрепленное поселение — посад.

   

The Tyszkiewicz Palace

It was reported in archival documents of late 18th century, that there was a market, Vilenskaya, Mykolskaya and Spasskaya street and the suburbs in Logoysk. There were 22–24 craftspeople: 5 sewers, 4 millers,3 blacksmiths, a baker, tinker, carpenter, producer of metal name-plates, metalworker, tanner and others. There were about 120 wooden houses, churches the Basilian Monastery, St. Casimir Cathedral on the left bank of the river Gaina, a synagogue. Trade fairs were held three times a year.

   

Logoysk Meteorite

To begin with let’s find out what meteorites are. They are the so-called small objects of the Solar system, which fall to the Earth from the interplanetary space, parts of the meteoroids, which do not manage to burn up in the atmosphere. The definition of «meteorite» (a word of Greek origin) means phenomenon produced by the entry of space substances called meteoroids into the Earth’s atmosphere. The word for «meteor» in Belarusian is «Znіchka» (probably from the word «znіkats» — to disappear).

   

The Tyszkiewicz Park in Logoysk

The park was founded along with the construction of the palace by Pius Tyszkiewicz from 1814 to 1819. Historical features of the territory existence of the castle during the Kievan Rus period (XI–XII cc.) contributed to the construction of the park. The park was located on a high (up to 25 meters above the floodplain) ground of the river Hayna and occupied an area of 1.5 hectares. The principles of the opening of the distant prospects for the river Hayna and the use of the remains of the former castle fortifications from a moat (in the past 4–5 meters depth, 16–18 meters width) were used as the basis for planning. They surrounded the courtyard in a semicircle.

   

Инвентарное описание имения Логойск

Инвентарное описание строений в местечке Логойск, заверенное подписью Константина Тышкевича. Составлено на 15 сентября 1844 года.

   

Логойская музыкальная школа

Логойская музыкальная школа была открыта в 1957 году. В год открытия в школе было трое учеников, работало два преподавателя по классам фортепиано и баян. Первым директором была Смирнова Бронислава Матвеевна, которая преподавала фортепиано. Класс баяна вёл Козлов Дмитрий Сергеевич, впоследствии ставший директором школы.

   

Былы базарны шлях у Лагойску

Былы базарны шлях у мястэчку Лагойск.